Thursday, February 21, 2008

Things I have to be fortunate about

I began to think today about all the people on earth and the issues they face and I realised I really am fortunate. Here are the top 14 things I have today that I am fortunate about.

1) An absolutely wonderful husband who loves me totally and who is really the most reliable person I have met.
2) A lovely little active baby who is healthy and normal.
3) A family that is truly strange, wierd and totally non-communicational but who somehow manages to pull together for me every time it's needed.
4) A sister in law who loves me like her own sister and isn't too shy to tell me what to do. My nephew seems to be catching up to that as well - but being told what to do by a 19 year old is just a little annoying.
5) That I had a father who truly believed in education for girls and did not hold me back at all.
6) That I have had the opportunity to live in so many parts of the world, travel to many more and be exposed to so much good on earth.
7) That my friends and family have pulled around me at my darkest moments and as Rupali once said "If you can't laugh at yourself now when are you going to".
8) I have a list of friends who actually like me for who I am: Bhindi, Poly, Jill, Tanvi, Gaby, Marg, Mrs. H ...
9) That Emie has the patience and will power to try to make a lazy person like me believe she can be an athlete.
10) That I have a home and so many things to fill it's cupboards that you need to open the doors carefully.
11) I live in Canada - what better place is there on earth?
12) George Cloony - I told my husband that if Cloony comes to town - I take the baby and have dinner with Cloony. We'll talk about my plans to save Dafur!
13) That I live in a time when a coloured person can think of leading a predominantly white nation and the nation gives him support.
14) I have the freedom to broadcast my voice to potentially 6.5 billion individuals on earth and no one can really stop me.

No comments: